StrAU is formed by using matrix principles by transforming, restructuration and administrative subordination of existing research and educational departments in the framework of KFU Roadmap priority routes.
StrAU “7P Translational Medicine” was created by transforming the priority route “Biomedicine and Pharmaceuticals” at the Institute of Fundamental Medicine and Biology.
The StrAU structure will include:
- University Clinic
- 4 Centres of Excellence – Genomics, Proteomics and Biotechnology, Regenerative and Translational Medicine, Neurobiology, Pharmaceutics
- International Centre of Magnetic Resonance
- Federal Centre of Shared Facilities for Physical and Chemical Research of Substances and Materials
- individual laboratories and departments of 10 institutes and faculties of KFU (Alexander Butlerov Institute of Chemistry named after A.Butlerov, Institute of Physics, Higher School of Information Technologies and Information Systems, Institute of Computational Mathematics and Information Technology, Institute of Engineering, Institute of Psychology and Education, Institute of Social Philosophy and Mass Communications, Institute of International Relations, History and Oriental Studies, Institute of Philology and Intercultural Communication named after Leo Tolstoy, and the Legal Faculty).
The basic levels of management: Rector – Head of SAE (an expert scientific council of SAE) – heads of centers of excellence, clinics and centers for collective use – departments, laboratories, desks.
Within 5 years, the goal of the StrAU project is to establish the world’s leading research and academic centre of “Translational 7P Medicine”.
Cooperation of organizational units:
– The StrAU’s Supervisor forms StrAU Road Map on the basis of KFU Road Map.
– The StrAU Road Map is presented for the review by the Directorate of Program Enhancing Competitiveness of KFU after being approved by the StrAU collegiate body. General budget, KPIs and StrAU performance schedule are approved within the framework of the Road Map
- within the agreed budget of StrAU, based on internal and external competition hires a staff, determines the KPI and observable objectives to departments, laboratories, project groups;
- takes part in the formation of the Road maps of structural units of the StrAU;
- monthly monitors the activities of the structural units of the StrAU on execution of the approved Road map;
- Directorate of Program Enhancing Competitiveness of KFU quarterly considers the implementation of the “road map” StrAU and makes adjustments to the budget and targets as necessary.
Thus, within the framework of implementation of the Road map of the StrAU, its supervisor and the collegial body have exceptional financial and organizational powers in key decisions.
KFU Roadmap –> StrAU Roadmap –> order to establish a department (laboratory) with the relevant corresponding technical specification, KPIs, cost estimate, payroll list and calendar plan.
At the moment the StrAU “Translational 7P Medicine” is presented by the following departments:
- 3 divisions и 19 departments;
- 17 research laboratories (Open lab’s);
- 10 KFU institutes and faculties;
New departments (2017):
- University Clinic;
- Research and Educational Centre Pharmaceutics;
- Interdisciplinary Centre of Proteomic and Genome Research;
- Interdisciplinary Centre Analytical Microscopy
- new StrAU structural units: (1) Centres of Excellent: “Neurotechnology”, “Personalized Medicine”, “Regenerative Medicine”, “Medical Chemistry”, “Biomedical Physics”; (2) joint centres with international partners: (2) “Cochrane-Russia” International Centre, “KFU – RASA Translational Medicine”, “KFU-RIKEN Functional and Applied Genome”.
StrAU staff list. Total number of StrAU staff is 442 people (351,78 FTE)
After the administrative subordination of the above units to the basic Institute, the total number of StrAU staff will become 1446 people (excluding technicians, middle and junior medical staff).
In the consortium framework StrAU the following institutes of KFU are included : Alexander Butlerov Institute of Chemistry (6 departments, 3 research laboratories, 118 people, 76,5 FTE), Institute of Physics (5 departments, 6 research laboratories, Federal Centre of Shared Facilities of physical and chemical research, 87 people, 42,26 FTE), university clinic.
In the nearest five years, our plans to include into StrAU departments and laboratories of the Higher School of Information Technologies and Information Systems, Institute of Computational Mathematics and Information Technology, Institute of Engineering, Institute of Psychology and Education, Institute of Social Philosophy and Mass Communications, Institute of International Relations, History and Oriental Studies, Leo Tolstoy Institute of Philology and Intercultural Communication and the Faculty of Law. Our total staff is expected to reach nearly 3000 people.
The main role of StrAU basic institute, Institute of Fundamental Medicine and Biology, is to coordinate the educational and research activity of all the participants of the project. Interaction with other units of the consortium will be built through a system of collegial and executive management bodies.