The structure of the center of excellence “Biomedical physics” includes:
RSL “Structural biology”, project “Gipusin”
Head: Yusupov Marat Miratovich, Director of research C. N. R. S., head of laboratory “Structure of the ribosome” IGBMC, PhD Structural biology RSL IFMiB KFU, (h-index 27)
Key research areas of the laboratory:
- Structural studies of ribosomes and ribosomal proteins by methods of nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) spectroscopy, x-ray analysis (RSA), cryoelectron microscopy.
- Structural studies protein-synthesizing apparatus of pathogenic bacteria (Staphylococcus aureus, etc.)
- Selection and screening of inhibitors to influence the translation mechanism.
RSL “Addictive technologies in medicine”
Head: Kashapov Nail Faikovich, D.Sc Technical Sciences, Professor, corresponding member Academy of Sciences of Tatarstan Republic and the Russian Academy of engineering Sciences, honored inventor of Tatarstan Republic.
Development of the basic technologies of additive forming three-dimensional structures for the decision of actual problems of medicine.
In the course of of work is scheduled: development of new treatment approaches using modern technologies of rapid prototyping. With regard to the creation of biocompatible and bioresorbable composite materials.
The laboratory conducted the following research:
1.Development of methods for the treatment of tumors of the head and neck using the technology of 3D prototyping.
2.Development of methods for the surgical treatment of endonasal surgery of diseases of the skull base, transcranial surgery of brain tumors using 3D prototyping.
3.Design, calculation and 3D-prototyping through dental implants with reinforced internal ribs.
4.The development of composite powder for additive manufacturing component implants with antibacterial properties.
International center of magnetic resonance (project “EPR in biology and medicine”)
Director: Gafurov Marat Revgerovich (Hi = 12), senior researcher, Phd (physics-mathematics sciences)
The main goals and objectives:
Development and implementation of methods determination of the concentration and rate of generation of reactive oxygen species (ROS), nitrogen, activity of enzymes of antioxidant system (ceruloplasmin and transferrin), paramagnetic complexes of ions of iron, copper and manganese redox state of the catalytic cycle of cytochrome P-450 in tissues and fluids (blood, urine, saliva, gastric secretions etc.) of humans and animals in various pathological changes (radiation and electromagnetic radiation, benign and malignant tumors of various origin and localization, cholecystitis, atherosclerosis, etc.) with different techniques of electron paramagnetic resonance (see figure).
RSL “ Perspective carbon nanomaterials”
Director: Dimiev Ayrat Maratovich, senior researcher, PhD, Chemistry
The main objectives of the laboratory:
- Study of chemistry of solution of graphene oxide;
- Synthesis of new nanocomposites based on graphene oxide with metals and their application in catalysis;
- Obtaining of new polymeric composite materials with nanocarbon fillers;
- The study of the mutual transitions intercalation compounds of graphite;
- Disclosure of carbon nanotubes;
- Preparation of stable dispersions of carbon nanotubes;
- liquid-phase separation of nanotubes by chirality.
RSL “programmable Functional materials Photonics for biomedical and communication applications”, project “FMF”
Leader: Semashko Vadim Vladimirovich, DSc, (physics-mathematics sciences), leading researcher, Professor (h-index 19)
The objectives of the laboratory include:
1.Research in the field of synthesis of fluoride materials (nanostructured and composite) for biomedical applications;
2.The development of new laser systems of the ultraviolet range of the spectrum for therapeutic devices of personalized medicine;
3.Study of thermodynamic aspects of the interaction between inorganic and organic materials with the cell and its organelles for the purposes of targeted drug delivery;
The work is carried out in three directions:
1.Creating materials for photodynamic therapy, appliance therapy of skin diseases (including psoriasis and vitiligo);
2.Study of the thermodynamic aspects of the interface “cell/extracellular environment/pharmaceutical nanopreparations” and development of methods for targeted delivery of drugs;
3.The study of mechanisms of physical-biological impacts of nanoparticles.
RSL “NMR structure”, project “Insulin”
Manager: Klochkov Vladimir Vasilyevich, DSc, Chemistry Sciences, leading researcher, Professor, Department of medical physics, Institute of physics, KFU, h-index = 11
Research using methods NMR spectroscopy of the spatial structure of drugs, including drugs based on protein, and their interaction with models of the cell membrane, with subsequent application of the revealed structure in clinical practice.
- Identification of the chemical composition of organic and Bioorganic compounds in various media;
- Study of the spatial structure, conformational properties and intramolecular mobility of organic and Bioorganic compounds in various solvents and lyotropic mesomorphic fluids;
- Study of kinetics and mechanisms of chemical reactions;
- The study of the spatial structure of organic and Bioorganic compounds in the solid phase.